Friday, April 4, 2014

Phantasy Feature: Hot Wheels 2006 First Edition Unobtanium I







From the 2006 Hot Wheels series, we have here the Unobtanium I. This is the First Edition of this casting, of which there were two colors (purple or black). The Unobtanium I is a very modern-looking sedan designed by Sei Cho. Combining styling elements of the then current Chrysler 300 and Cadillac CTS models, the Unobtanium I oozes that luxurious cool factor. To highlight the modern flair of the casting, it comes on large silver BLING wheels. The top is plastic and the bottom is metal. Surprisingly, the Unobtanium I has only seen two other releases -  2007 and 2010. This is a fantastic unlicensed casting that would do well to receive another release.

3 comments:

  1. You're probably the only person on the planet that likes this one! Pink, blings, and an (ugly, sorry!) unlicensed casting on top of that. I guess that's what makes HW collecting so interesting. Every car has at least one fan!
    Cool blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're exactly right - there's a car for every collector. We all like different things, which is what I love so much about this hobby. I will readily admit that the BLING wheels are my least favorite thing about the casting. I wish the Unobtanium I was riding on something more regal and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blings don't do much for me, but you put this casting in a new light for me I may try to get an FTE release.

    Axellent

    ReplyDelete